CZ-USA Team Shooter
Angus Hobdell began shooting CZ handguns extensively for competition in Europe since 1986. At the 2003 USPSA Factory Gun Nationals, Angus made his CZ-USA Shooting Team debut finishing 4th overall in the Production division. Now calling Arizona home, we are proud to have Angus shooting under the CZ banner as the CZ-USA Shooting Team captain.
Angus shoots a diverse selection of CZ products in many different competitions and divisions. Among the most common models he shoots are the CZ 75 SP-01 Custom/Shadow for the IPSC/USPSA Production division, the CZ Tactical Sport for USPSA Limited and Limited 10 divisions, and the Dan Wesson PM7 and PM9 for the Single Stack division and Steel Challenge.
Angus has been winning European and World championships for well over 10 years. His most notorious title is the 4 time American Handgunner World Shoot off Champion.
His accomplishments include:
- USPSA Production Nationals 2009 – 12th overall Production division
- Pan American match in Equador July 2009 – 1st place Production division
- Latin American Cup in Equador 2008 – 1st place Production division
- World Shoot Championship in Bali, Indonesia 2008 – 5th place overall in Production
- World Shoot Championship in Bali, Indonesia 2008 – 1st place Man on Man shoot off
- 1st Florida Open Production
- 2nd Columbus Cop Panama Production
- 1st Overall Spring Steel AZ
- 1st Area 6 Production
- 1st Area 7 Production
- 1st Dust Devil Classic Production
- 2nd West coast 1911 Production
Check out his website at www.czcustom.com
Words of wisdom from Angus…”Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. It’s only aiming.”
CZ-USA Team Shooter
Matt started his shooting career at the age of 5, plinking cans with his Grandfather in the yard with a .22 rifle. The interest in firearms was always there, but it wasn’t until he started competing in the late 90’s that a new hobby was born.
As Matt grew into a better shooter, CZ-USA took notice and enlisted his talents as one of their top tier competition shooters in 2004. He started shooting for CZ-USA with a CZ 75B and now favors the CZ 75 SP-01 Custom/Shadow for USPSA and the Dan Wesson PM 7/PM 9 for IDPA competitions.
As a shooter, Matt is entirely self-taught and is now known as one of the top IDPA, and top USPSA Production shooters in the US with a strong focus on accuracy and fundamentals.
2014 Match Wins:
- Old Fort Shootout- HOA Singlestack using a Dan Wesson PM-7
- MVSA IDPA Regional- ESP Division Champion using a Dan Wesson PM-9
- KY Battle in the Bluegrass V- HOA Singlestack using a Dan Wesson PM-7
2012 Match Wins:
- IDPA Nationals- Enhanced Service Pistol National Champion w/ Custom DW PM-9
- Area 8 Championship- HOA Production w/ CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
- Old Fort Classic – HOA Production w/CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
- Old Fort Classic – HOA Singlestack w/Custom Dan Wesson PM-7
- MS Classic – HOA Production w/CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
- AR Sectional – HOA Production w/CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
- Doubletap Championship – HOA Production w/CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
- World Shoot XVI 2011 Greece – Production 3rd overall & member of 1st Place US Mens Production Team.
- World Shoot XV 2008 Bali – Production 2nd overall & member of 1st Place US Mens Production Team.
- 2011 US IPSC Nationals – US Production National Champion
- 2009 US IPSC Nationals – US Production National Champion
- 2006 IDPA Nationals – CDP National Champion
- 2006 Area 6 Champion – Producton Champion
- 6 Time Area 4 Production Champion
- Numerous State, Section, and Regional Wins
Matt is now teaching a variety of handgun disciplines, details can be found at: Automatic Accuracy
Words of wisdom from Matt… “Conceive an executable plan. Always go for points, the plan is not about speed, but accuracy. Aiming works.”
CZ-USA Team Shooter
MasterClass FITASC & Sporting Clays Shooter
CZ-USA proudly announces the addition of Tom Mack as the newest CZ-USA Shooting Team member. On January 1st, 2013 Tom Mack will begin his Sporting Clay tournament trail shooting his CZ Sporter model shotgun.
Tom Mack started shooting in the mid 90’s in western Michigan where he quickly fell in love with the clay shooting sports especially Sporting Clays. Tom joined the Detroit Gun Club in the late 1990’s to work on taking his game to the next level.
The game of Sporting Clays is governed by the National Sporting Clays Association and it classifies its competitors from Master being the highest class on down to AA, A, B, C, D, E. Most shooters never earn the Master class title but Tom rapidly moved into Master Class and has gone on to earn a spot on the NSCA All American Shooting Team for the past 13 consecutive years. He is a familiar face in the competition world, competing at nearly all of the major tournaments in the United States shooting over 15,000 NSCA registered tournament targets each year.
This year Tom finished top 10 in the Team USA FITASC Points Race earning him the honor of representing the NSCA and the USA in international competition for 2013.
CZ-USA carries and uses Tom’s new choke tube design as standard equipment in their competition shotgun line starting in 2013. Manufactured in stainless steel to tight tolerances by Kicks, the new tubes are designed for easy identification and removal without a wrench and come in constrictions for short, medium and long range shots.
For 2013 Tom will take 25% off his hourly rate for students shooting a CZ-USA shotgun in his lessons.
Tom is the in house instructor at the prestigious 74 Ranch Resort near San Antonio, Texas (www.74ranch.com). Arrangements can be made to take lessons from Tom at the ranch or Tom can bring the class to your home club.
For more information visit www.tmshooting.com. Feel free to contact him directly with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
David L. Miller
Master Class Sporting Clay & FITASC Shooter
Home: Oak Grove, Missouri
Years shooting: 27
Years shooting sporting: 22, Missouri All State Team 2010 & 2011& 2012 & 2013
Shotgun: CZ Sporter, 32 inch barrels
Ammo: Federal Gold Medal, 1 1/8 ounce 7 1/2 shot at 1235 fps for all 12 Gauge Sporting Clays events and Gold Medal Paper 1 ounce 7 1/2 at 1330 fps for FITASC
Advice for sporting clay shooters:
- Practice with a purpose
- Set attainable goals for yourself
- Keep things simple
- Focus on the process of making good shots one target at a time
David can be seen representing CZ-USA at :
- 2014 Shot Show, Las Vegas Nevada Jan 14 – 17
- 2014 Great American Outdoor Show, Harrisburg PA Feb 1 – 9
- 2014 Pheasant Fest, Milwaukee Wi Feb 14 – 16
Check out David’s website at www.millershootingsports.com
Grand Master USPSA Shooter
Matt can be seen representing CZ-USA at the following matches:
Matches for 2014
- 2011 13th overall production nationals
- 2011 2nd overall Double Tap
- Area 3 Production Champion
Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Dakota’s HOA production
CZ-USA Team Shooter
Residing in Phoenix Arizona hand picked by Angus Hobdell, Sara competes in USPSA and IPSC pistol matches. She trains once per week both live fire and dry fire as she is a firm believer that you cannot expect results if your do not train for them. Her pistol of choice is her Dan Wesson 1911 9mm for single stack competition and CZ SP-01 Shadow for the Production Division. In 2012 Sara shot approximately 25000 through her SP-01.
Here are some of Sara’s recent accolades:
- Finished high Lady in the 2012 Western states Single Stack
- Finished high Lady in the 2012 Bianchi Cup Metallic Division, setting a new NRA record in all four events for Lady Metallic Shooter
- Finished 3rd in the IPSC in the 2011 world Shoot in Greece
Sara’s can be seen representing CZ-USA at the following 2013 events:
- USPSA Western States Single Stack, January 2013
- USPSA Single Stack Nationals, May 2013
- USPSA Area 1 Championship, May 2013
- NRA Bianchi Cup, May 2013
- US IPSC Nationals, October 2013
- USPSA Production Nationals, October 2013
- USPSA Area 2 Championship, November 2013
CZ-USA Team Shooter
Chris competes in about 10 major NRA Action Pistol and Open Class USPSA matches all over the country. His gun of choice is the Dan Wesson Havok chambered in .38 Super. This gun comes from the factory tricked out and ready for Open Class competition.
Here are a few of Chris’s accolades:
- 6th place Master 2012 Bianchi Cup
- 1st place Master Class 2012 Cameron Cup
- 1st place Master 2012 Flagler Cup