Position: Warehouse Associate
CZ-USA is seeking to fill the position of Warehouse Associate. This position consists primarily of receiving and shipping firearms and related products. The position requires work Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Ability to legally possess firearms under applicable laws
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must know basic firearm safety
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass criminal background test and drug test
- Must be extremely accurate
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Must possess computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Outlook, and Word
- Ability to use email and phone extensions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to multi task, effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities
- Must be punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Must be able to work 8-hours daily, 5-days weekly, Monday through Friday
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Experience working in a warehouse
Essential Job Functions:
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies for reporting, accounting and recordkeeping purposes.
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers to selects preassembled containers.
- Insert items into containers, using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, records shortages/missing items and damaged items.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operate forklift and hand-trucks to move or hoist shipments to and from receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts and inventory.
- Remove shipping cartons/refuse in the warehouse.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: The following are the physical requirements of this position, which all workers filling the position must be able to do or withstand each day:
- Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50
- pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Vision: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; Ability to see color.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, or gases.
Interested applicants should email their resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CZ-USA is an equal opportunity employer.