Want to work for CZ-USA? We post our job openings here and we update them regularly. If you don’t see something that fits you, check back soon–you never know when something will open up!
CZ-USA, in Kansas City, Kansas, is seeking to hire a Warranty Gunsmith. The responsibility of a Warranty Gunsmith is to ensure firearms function safely using their knowledge to confirm there are no unsafe mechanical problems. Warranty Gunsmiths also spend a substantial amount of time in a customer service role, working closely with our customers on the phone and through email to meet their needs. The position generally requires work Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CZ-USA offers competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation.
- Ability to legally possess firearms under applicable laws
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must know basic firearm safety
- Must have an Associate’s degree in Gunsmithing or extensive gunsmithing experience
- Must be able to pass criminal background test and drug test
- Must be extremely accurate
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Must possess excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to use email and phone extensions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to multi task, effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities
- Must be punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Must be able to work 8-hours daily, 5-days weekly, Monday through Friday
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to travel with multiple-night stays
Essential Job Functions:
- Support warranty claims and questions by telephone and email.
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service in a timely manner.
- Proficiently use company’s computer software systems.
- Repair firearms to factory specifications, using hand-tools and machines, such as grinders, planers, disk sanders, lathes, millers and other types of equipment.
- Install parts, such as metallic or optical sights, pistol grips, recoil pads, and decorative pieces of firearms, using screws and hand-tools.
- Operate machines to grind and polish metal parts.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of CZ-USA product line.
- Understand types of metal finishes and styles; perform basic to complex metal work.
- Communicate effectively with CZ-USA personnel and business partners regarding changes and new technical information.
- Compile and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents.
- Discharge firearms to determine proper functioning.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications when available.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: The following are the physical requirements of this position, which all workers filling the position must be able to do or withstand each day:
- Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50
- pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Vision: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; Ability to see color.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, or gases.
Interested applicants should email their resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CZ-USA is an equal opportunity employer.